Join VNU as a member
Membership is available for natural persons and organisations. Organisations that meet the criteria of an SME as defined in Recommendation 2003/361/EC benefit from a reduced membership fee. You can get to know VNU, our activities and our network in a 12-month trial period at a reduced fee.
In special cases, such as social hardship (e.g. unemployment), please send us an informal application, in which you describe the reasons for a reduction and enclose the relevant evidence. The VNU Board will take a decision on the individual case and inform you accordingly.
New members get a Welcome-Leaflet (DE) with some initial information.
Membership is possible at any time.
A trial membership covers a term of 12 months, starting on the first day of the month. After the trial period has expired, we hope that you have enjoyed it and that you have continued your membership.
In the entry year of the regular person/corporate membership, the membership covers the remaining months of the respective year. Without a cancellation the membership will be extended for one calendar year.
Individuals (natural person)
- single person - 230.00 EUR / calendar year
- student in direct studies, apprentices, students,
participants of the volunteer social or volunteer
ecological year or the like – 36.00 EUR / calendar year
- Retirees - 60.00 EUR / calendar year
- Trial membership - 100.00 EUR / 12 months
Organisation (legal entity)
- Person with voting rights - 600.00 EUR / calendar year
- Person entitled to vote in an SME - 400.00 EUR / calendar year
- Each additional designated person of an organisation - 0.00 EUR / calendar year
- Trial membership - 180.00 EUR / 12 months
Liaison-Partnership (natural person)
Representatives for whom membership in the VNU is not possible for other reasons can benefit as liaison partners to a limited extent from the offers of the VNU.
- Participation in the working meetings of the EMAS Club Europe - 50.00 EUR net, plus 19 % VAT / meeting
- Participation in the working meetings of the ministries - 50.00 EUR net, plus 19 % VAT / Meeting
A cancellation can be made at the end of the trial period or at the end of the calendar year.
The trial membership is automatically converted into a regular membership after one year, unless objected to in writing 3 months before expiry.
The cancellation period for regular memberships is three months to the end of the calendar year. (Deadline 30.09. of each year)
Statutes and forms (language is marked)
- statutes (DE)
- fee regulation (DE)
- financial regulation (DE)
- rules of procedure (DE)
- Application for admission - Person (DE)
- Application for admission - Organisation (DE)
- Confirmation of SME characteristics (DE) [ User Guide to the SME Definition (EN) ]
- Further persons - Organisation (DE)
- Change of contact data (DE)
- Change of membership status (DE)